Reggae Classics and Nowadays hits on ‘100x Reggae’
Wake the town an tell the people! There is a new bestseller in stores now! Universal Music hits the right spot by releasing their latest collection in the ‘100X’-series; A collection dedicated to Reggae! What makes this 5CD-Box different from other previous released boxes worldwide is the fact that it doesn’t only contain well known classis but it also gives a nice view on nowadays reggae music. The collection on this Box is the brainchild of DJ Den Den from Black Star Foundation and gives A clear overview of Reggae Music throughout the years, chopped into 5 different tastes:
- CD1 – Hits: Welknown tracks, like Jimmy Cliff’s ‘The Harder They Come’, ‘Pass The Dutchie’ by Musical Youth, Boris Gardiner’s ‘I Want To Wake Up With You’ and so on.
- CD2 – Classics: These are the tracks from the early ’60s en ’70s, like ‘Over The River’ by Justin Hinds, The Pioneers – ‘Let Your Yeah Be Yeah’ and Burning Spears’ ‘Marcus Garvey’.
- CD3 – Early Dancehall: In the late ’70s the dancehall-genre bloomed in Jamaica, with DJ’s like Yellowman (‘Zunguzungguzungguzeng’), Frankie Paul (‘Pass The Tusheng Peng’) en John Holt (‘Police In Helicopter’).
- CD4 – Modern Classics: CD number 4 spreads from the ’80s until now, and goes from Aswad’s ‘Can’t Stand The Pressure’, Garnett Silk’s ‘Kingly Character’ on to Junior Reid’s ‘One Blood’.
- CD5 – ‘Now Reggae’: An overview of reggae-hits made in the last decade. Not to mis on this one is Damian ‘Jr. Gong’ Marley’s ‘Welcome To Jamrock‘ , but also ‘new’ artists like Romain Virgo (‘Mi Can Sleep’) and Gyptian (‘Hold You’) are on this disc..
Nice thing about this CD is that it can be a nice guide to people that are not completely familiar with reggae yet.
‘100X Reggae’ is available in stores now.