You may be aware that the Internet is not a secure environment.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect any communication over the Internet between you and the WorldAReggae.com but we cannot guarantee the security of such communication.
Who does this Privacy Statement apply to and what does it cover?
This Privacy Statement applies to World A Reggae Ent. Balatonmeer 44, 3446 JR Woerden, The Netherlands (“World A Reggae Ent.,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
This Privacy Statement sets out how we will collect, handle, store and protect information about you when you visit this website (“our Website”) or we perform certain activities that form part of our organization’s talent and talent event management activities.
This Privacy Statement also contains information about when we share your information with third parties (for example, our service providers).
In this Privacy Statement, we will refer to your information as “personal information.” Please note that we may sometimes collectively refer to collecting, handling, storing and protecting your personal information as “processing” such information.
What information do we collect?
In order to build and manage our relationship with you, we will collect or obtain certain personal information about you. We may collect or obtain such information because you give it to us (for example, in a form on our Website or in person at a World A Reggae Ent. event).
The personal information that we may collect or obtain includes your name, personal contact information (email address and country).
It is not our intention to seek sensitive information (for example, data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious or other similar beliefs, political opinions, criminal record, physical or mental health or sexual life/orientation) through our Website. However, we might gather information about you because you voluntarily provide the information to us or we are required to collect the information as a result of legal requirements imposed on us. If we do receive any sensitive information about you, we will, where necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect and use such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Log information, cookies and web beacons
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in the interactive online world. Our Website and activities are not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 13 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or store information about anyone under the age of 13. Our website might contain content with explicit lyrics or visuals.
How do we use information about you?
We will use the personal information that we collect or obtain about you in order to:
- Build a relationship with you
- Invite and register you for events
- Send you news updates
You may, at any time, request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications sent to you in connection with our Website.
Details on how to make such a request will be included in all emails and communications sent to you.
Use of personal information for other activities that form part of the operation of our business
We may also use your personal information for the purposes of or in connection with:
- applicable legal or regulatory requirements
- requests and communications from competent authorities
- protecting our rights and/or property.
- Use of personal information collected via our Website
In addition to the purposes connected to the operation of our business described above, we may also use your personal information collected via our Website to:
- manage and improve our Website
- tailor the content on our Website to provide you with a more personalized experience and draw your attention to information that may be of interest to you
manage and respond to any request that you submit through our Website.
On what legal basis do we process information about you?
We are required by law to set out in this Privacy Statement the legal grounds upon which we rely in order to process your personal information.
As a result, we use your personal information for the purposes outlined above because: (a) we have a legitimate interest in building and managing our relationship with you; (b) the information is required in order to provide you with the information that you have indicated you are interested in receiving or (c) we are subject to legal or regulatory obligations, such as providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal information relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either: (a) you have given us your explicit consent to process the information; (b) the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law; (c) the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or (d) you have made the information manifestly public.
Who will we disclose your information to?
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “How do we use information about you?” section above, we may disclose details about you to:
- third parties that provide services to us and/or the World A Reggae Ent., such as website and system hosting, management and support
competent authorities, including courts and authorities regulating us, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests
- other third parties as part of a corporate transaction, such as a sale, divestiture, reorganization, merger or acquisition.
- Please note that some of the recipients of your personal information referenced above may be based in countries or regions without data protection rules similar to those in effect in your area of residence. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal information. Where the recipient is not a member of World A Reggae Ent., the adequate safeguard might be a data transfer agreement with the recipient based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for transfers of personal information to third countries.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information with third parties for several purposes, including data analytics, research, submissions, thought leadership and promotional purposes.
How do we keep your information secure?
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal information provided by individuals from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Only authorized World A Reggae Ent. personnel, who have been made appropriately aware of our privacy obligations, are provided access to personal information.
How long will we keep your information?
We retain personal information as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes identified above in the “How do we use information about you?” section above or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws. Where personal information is no longer necessary or relevant for our identified purposes or where you have indicated that you no longer are interested in staying in contact with us, we will securely dispose of your personal information.
What are your rights?
You have various rights in relation to your personal information. In particular, you have a right to:
- obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal information and request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such information that you think is inaccurate or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such information object to our processing of your personal information.
- To exercise any of your rights or raise any questions that you have about our use of your personal information, please contact info@WorldAReggae.com.
You may also use the above listed contact details if you wish to make a complaint to us relating to your personal information or privacy.
If you are unsatisfied with the way we have handled your personal information or any privacy query or request that you have raised to us, you have a right to complain to an EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”).
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time at our discretion. When we make changes to this statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page and such modified or amended privacy statement shall be effective as to you and your information as of that revision date. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or your personal information, please direct them to info@WorldAReggae.coml.
The information on this website is derived from many sources:
- in relation to information on this website that is protected by WorldAReggae.com copyright, such information may be printed for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge. However, in relation to information other than for the purpose of personal or in-house use, you must not copy, reproduce, or adapt in any way such information without prior written permission from WorldAReggae.com.
- in relation to information on this website that is subject to the copyright of a third party, permission to reproduce such information must be obtained from that copyright holder.
If u feel in any way that WorldAReggae.com has, in any way, violated copyrights on text or images on our website, please contact us and we will do whats necessary to fix this violation.
If u find images on our website that you think you should be credited for, please let us know via email@example.com
For the artists on this website: if u find anything on this website that is wrong or shouldn’t be on this site, tell us and we change things right away. And please do send us your most recent press pictures so we can use that and keep the site updated, there is nothing worse then seeing yourself on a 5 yr old picture 🙂
All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure the quality, reliability, and accuracy of the information on this website. However, WorldAReggae.com:
- may delete, add to, or amend information on this website without notice
- is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to, or referenced from, this website and,
- makes no warranties or representations, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of information contained at this site.
This website is intended to provide information only. If you are seeking advice on any matters relating to information on this website, you should – where appropriate – contact us directly with your specific query.
We encourage you to take steps to obtain the most up-to-date information and to confirm the accuracy and reliability of any information on this website by directly communicating with us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of the page or website.
Comments about the website
We welcome your comments, suggestions and enquiries about the website. Contact Us at email@example.com